There are many different groups, agencies, and entities that offer support to small businesses. On this page we keep a curated list of local, state, and national groups that might be able to help you with your small business.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has a Business Guide to start you on the path to small business ownership.
- The state government of Ohio maintains a starting a business page to assist Ohio’s small business owners.
- The state of Ohio’s Business Gateway is a resource to help small business owners to navigate the ins and outs of business ownership.
- The Small Business Development Center in Columbus serves the central Ohio area, and you can find other centers in Ohio at the state’s SBDC page.
- SCORE provides confidential small business mentors to entrepreneurs and has locations in the Columbus region and the Mansfield area.
- The U.S. Census bureau keeps data that they call the Economic Census; this data can be valuable for researching your business.